Women and Children in Distress
- To encourage and support women and children in difficult situation in their future.
- To protect and care for the emotional and psychological needs of the children and women involved.
- To offer support to families and offering individual counseling and group counseling.
- To see through their full education especially for those who are academically geared.
- To prepare children for job training so that they can reintegrate society again as a responsible citizen.
The Shelter provides a comprehensive set of domestic violence services, and is regarded as a professional, stable, mission-driven organization governed by a dedicated volunteer Board of Trustees with the day- to- day operations managed by an experienced and committed staff. The mission adopted by the Shelter is:
- To provide protection, safety, intervention and support to Women and Chitdren impacted by domestic violence and other abuses
- Through education and other services the shelter empowers women and children to promote equality and respect in all relationships, and advocate for the fundamental rights of tut'y individual to a life free of intimidation and violence.
OUR ACTIVITY IN DETAILS
- To provide every child and woman a better future.
- A society where children are cared for and have access to education.
- To provide protection, safety and support to victims of domestic violence and other abuses.
- To provide temporary Shelter free of charge for women and children victims of abuses.
- To cater for the well-being and welfare of women in distress and needy children.
- To promote education for children.
WHAT WE DO
AREAS OF INTERVENTION
- Psychological Support.
- Education and Development.
- Mainstream schooling for some and Remedial classes on the premises.
- Empowerment (training and job placement).
- Rehabilitation and Reinsertion.
- 4-18 years (girls).
- 4-10 years (boys).
- Mothers and babies.
- The Child Development Unit,
- The Ministry of Gender Equality, Child Development and Family Welfare.
- The Domestic Violence Unit.
- The Police Department.
- Victims of Physical / Verbal / Emotional abuse.
- Sexual abuse victim.
- Cases of incest.
- Grossly neglected children.
- Teenage pregnancies.
- Teenage mothers accompanied with babies.
OUR SERVICE INCLUDE
- 24-hour services of safety lodging.
- Clothing and food.
- Emergency Shelter.
- Individual and group psychoological counseling.
- Information and referral to appropriate agencies.
- We receive a part annual grant from the Ministry of Gender Equality, Child Development and Family Welfare.
- Donation in kind and cash from individuals and firms.
- CSR Funds.
- And other ressource persons providing professional help to our residents through counseling, group work, educational assistance and special learning support.
- Educational and Recreational Outing.
- Monthly birthday celebrations.
- Training of children and placement of jobs.
- Food and nutrition classes.
- Hairdressing and beauty care.
- Talks on moral and spiritual values.
- Training in Home Economics.